Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Grumpy but Grateful


This is the day that the Lord has made;
    let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

One of the elders of our church encouraged our congregation last week to look at each day as a gift from our Lord.  He even cautioned us against having a bad attitude toward the dreaded start of the week... Monday...

Well my Monday attitude arrived a day late...  

2 weeks of an annoying stomach bug for my boys + poison ivy and too little sleep for Mommy= one grumpy me!


But in an effort to "rejoice and be glad" I am going to BATTLE my case of the Monday's with gratitude!


I am grateful because...

...we have received TONS of butterflies!
THANK YOU!  At last count there were 33 butterflies on our door!  
(If you'd like to participate check out this post for details)



...you fine people have ordered almost 20 shirts!  


Thank you all for helping us spread the word and for purchasing tshirts and onesies!  I can't wait to see you sporting your Ruthie T!  Every single shirt helps us raise the final funds we need.



...our travel arrangements for Florida are complete!
It looks like Niles and Ruthie and I will have the privilege of staying in a beautiful FL home of a friend for our entire stay! No HOTEL!!  And thanks to all the tshirts we have sold- we even have gas money :) yippie!

... our "Turner and Calvin" team is assembled!
We are so blessed to have family and friends that have stepped up to help us care for the boys while we are gone to FL!  You guys rock- and I KNOW my boys are going to have a blast while we're gone!  I am so grateful that one more item is off my mental list.


... our loan is approved!
The ABBA Fund has graciously approved our loan request today!  Another step closer to having every bit of what we need to bring Ruthie home!

... our birthmom is doing well!
I just received an email from her saying she is well and looking forward to meeting us :)!


Be encouraged!  Our God is at work and he is moving His people to supply our every need!



Now I'm going to sneak a nap for the next 15 minutes and all will be right with the world.
 

1 comment:

Kara Chupp said...

Prayed for your adoption this morning...after reading your husband's comment on TCG site post.
Will continue to bring your family, your little one, and her birthmom before the Lord as He brings you to mind.

“God is graciously involved in adoptions. He has done it Himself. He knows what it costs. And He stands ready to support us all the way to the end.”- John Piper