Monday, May 28, 2012

A Citadel Graduate


Meet Caleb, recent graduate of the Civil Engineering program at The Citadel.




I was thrilled when Caleb's mom, a dear friend, asked me if  I would be willing to shoot his senior pictures.  We made plans to meet in downtown Fort Mill on a beautiful Friday morning in May




Quick side note- my 2-year old,Calvin, was with me for this shoot and he was so excited he could barely stand it!  Before Caleb and Connie arrived I told him Mommy would be photographing "a soldier"- a dream come true for a little boy!  Once he saw Caleb in full uniform he became MUTE- a rare occurrence for that one! 




I'll have to admit, even I was a little intimidated by this young man in uniform!  Usually I like to be silly during shoots to try to make people smile, try to catch them off guard in natural poses... but I sort of felt that wasn't allowed!  This shoot felt like serious business people! 

Luckily Caleb has a wonderful disposition and he smiled for the camera- even without my normal antics.  So anyways, here are my favorites from the day!

 


 

 



 


 
 

 

 
 
 

 


Connie wasn't really planning to be photographed- but I couldn't help it!  The pride she was beaming needed to be captured.

 

 




Congratulations Caleb!  We are praying the Lord continues to guide your steps as you begin your next adventure. And thank you guys for your support of our fundraising efforts!







To close, I want to say a most heartfelt thank you to the men and women that have given their lives serving in our great country's armed forces.

And for the families of the fallen
I pray from Psalm 46, that they would believe
  
God is [your] refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble.
[That you] will not fear though the earth gives way,
though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling.

No comments: