Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cocooning!

One of my dearest friends calls her daughter "Birdie"- and I absolutely love that!  In the case we were preparing to welcome a new little bird to our home I would say- "everyone, I'm officially nesting!"

But since we have been refering to Ruth as our "Mariposa" or "Butterfly"  I think I can say "I'm officially Cocooning!"
It began with a quick trip to Hobby Lobby (for another project) where I saw a simple art piece that became the inspiration for her room.  It just screamed "buy me!" so of course I did!

Then I got the inspiration to officially put her name in her nursery.  A trip to Hobby Lobby, 4 chipboard letters, a little spray paint, scrapbook paper and a jar of modge podge later her room was officially hers!

Then it was time to paint!
We began a tradition of letting big brother Turner help prepare the nursery when we were prepping Calvin's room-

So of course BOTH big brothers had to pitch in to get Ruth's room ready!

Before we painted over Calvin's verse we personalized it for Ruth so that she would know that God is always watching over her too :).


After we painted it was time for the little details...




And here's Ruth's nursery!
View #1


View #2
Posted by Picasa

The finishing touch will be for my sweet sister to paint Ruthie's verse over the couch:

He will cover you with his feathers.
 He will shelter you with his wings.
 His faithful promises are your armor and protection  -Psalm 91:4

I thank my Heavenly Father for showing up in such a mighty way to excite and prepare my heart to meet my Ruth!  I pray that she comes home to us soon and that through the process His name is high and lifted up!


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh, Maria...it is absolutely beautiful, and PERFECT!!!