Saturday, November 26, 2011

A new friendship. A new partnership in the gospel.

Hello! 

It has been an excitingly busy few weeks in the Ferguson household!  A week ago Monday our social worker came for her final visit, during which she interviewed our boys and asked us a few additional questions.  Then by the middle of the week our home study was typed and ready for the adoption agency to review and APPROVE!  We are officially homestudy approved J!  In a week Niles and I will go to the adoption agency to meet the director in person and give her our adoption portfolio (which is also done and ready to go- woot! woot!).  Then we are officially paper pregnant and just waiting for the Lord to bring us our Ruthc.  It’s hard to believe how much the Lord has accomplished in these last few months.  A task that in moments felt too daunting to ever complete is now coming to a close thanks to his grace.   The Lord has graciously given us the patience and endurance we’ve needed to get to this point and we want to praise His name!

The LORD is my strength and my song,
and he has become my salvation;
this is my God, and I will praise him!
Exodus 15:2

We also want to share some more exciting news!  Niles and I have been connected with a Jesus-loving crafter/blogger that has a heart for adoption!  Her name is Vanessa and I’m so grateful to call her a new friend and supporter. Vanessa blogs and crafts and gives part of her proceeds to families that are adopting!  What a beautiful idea, right?

On her site, Designs By Sessa, Vanessa says:  I know that the reason why I blog & create isn't for myself or even YOU, sweet reader! It is to make Jesus known and to let the love of Christ be shown to those that are really in need! Mainly it has been through families adopting a child, but as time goes on, I hope to support and raise awareness for other Christian ministries, as well!”

We are blessed to be one of Vanessa’s newest DBS families.  Today she featured us on her blog-Meet the Fergusons.  Vanessa is exceptionally talented and I want to encourage you to visit her shop- her crafts would make beautiful and personal Christmas gifts! 

Vanessa, we are ever so grateful for partnership in both prayer and fundraising and we pray that the Lord continues to bless you and your business!

“I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.” -Philippians 1:3-6

Much love and blessings to you all! –Maria



PS- Vanessa is also partnering with dear friends of ours, The Carrolls, as they work to bring home a sibling group from Ethiopia!  Check out their DBS Family post.


1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Yay! So exciting about everything! Thanks so much! I'm so thankful for your family!!!