Sunday, September 11, 2011

I can't wait- but I'm trying.

I don’t like waiting. 
I don’t like to be “slow” to do anything- I walk fast, I talk fast, I react fast and usually, I “decide” fast.  I have always been this way and for a while I believed that being quick to do things, especially quick to make decisions on my own was right because it was the most natural to me. 

And yet, I see in the scriptures that the Lord wants us to be still before him and wait patiently for HIM (Psalm 37:7)- waiting for Him to move, for Him to direct our steps The Lord promises us 7"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find;  knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened  (Matthew 7:7).  I believe that no matter how big or how small a decision feels, our Father wants us to be quick to listen to Him.  
So when we were faced with the decision of adopting either domestically or internationally Niles and I decided to intentionally seek the Lord’s wisdom and guidance.  We asked friends to pray along with us and we agreed not to make a decision for one week.  And as always, God was faithful to his Word!  After a week of focused prayer Niles and I feel the Lord leading us to find and adopt our daughter from the United States J.   We are excited to be one step closer to bringing her home and trust the Lord will continue to make his will know to us every step of the way!

As I close I want to encourage us all with one thing the Lord is not SLOW to do- and that is slow to fulfill his promises:

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance -2 Peter 3:8-10.
-Maria

PS: This week Niles and I will be seeking the Lord’s guidance as we chose an American adoption agency.  We covet your prayers and are eager to learn more and more about the Lord in the process of making this decision. 

No comments: